Monday, April 8, 2013

Diet to die for!!!!

Well this is a keeper whether you are watching the calories or the fat. Tilapia is a great choice and the flash frozen fillets are inexpensive.

This is also pretty quick and easy. Start by making a salsa for the topping, this is where the labor is. My suggestion is getting a good helper to cut up the stuff. No, I didn't get help and it was even my birthday.

It is a strawberry salsa. If you want mango or kiwi that would be good too. It just so happened that the springtime strawberry sales were perfect. $1.99 for a quart of nice berries was perfect.

Chop them up nice and fine. Cut it all very fine. It lets the variety of  flavors marry in a unique way.

Strawberries
Red onion
Cilantro
Jalapenos
Red/yellow bell peppers
Garlic salt
Lime/lemon juice


I put mine on a bed of asparagus because I like it and it was on sale. Cooked rice, squash, green beans, peas...whatever you like.

I put the asparagus in a 400 degree oven after spraying them with Pam butter, garlic salt, pepper, lemon pepper, and paprika.


I cooked them on top of the asparagus. The asparagus got a 5 minute head start. I cooked the fish for about 18 minutes.

Topped it with the salsa and it was great. Maybe 300 calories a serving. I ate two!!!! Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment