Thursday, March 15, 2012

Paris

Paris is a city known for many things but it is the beautiful former radio antenna now icon of the city which says Paris.
Lit up by night ever since the turn of the century, it simply takes your breath away as it twinkles at the top of the hour.
No trip to Paris is complete without at least one meal. On this particular layover we were to meet at 5:30. I woke up at 6:30....oops. So it was just me to enjoy the ambiance.
Begin with the grape and go from there.
Next the bread and foie de grass. It's very good I just try not to think about it too much. A captain once told me when you eat in a French restaurant don't ask too many questions.
The poulet and frits. The potatoes were excellent. The chicken was ok. You see there was a translation problem. I asked what the chefs special was. He rattled off some stuff and I thought he fish not chicken, misunderstanding poussin poulet, thinking fish. Poulet, meaning chicken. Oh well legs and thighs...
I didn't seem to mind too much!!
I timed it out perfect to catch the tower again. Note the wine seems to be altering the picture. Pretty cool. Perhaps ailiens.  Love Paris!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment